THE ADDRESS OF THE CONFERENCE HALL – “Androniki” Cultural Centre in Damarionas, Eparchiaki Odos Damariona – Danakou, Naxos Island, Cyclades, Greece
NAXOS ISLAND – Naxos is one of the biggest islands of the Cyclades and is a top summer destination for both Greek and foreign travelers. The combination of its relaxing character, beautiful beaches and vivid nightlife is accompanied by the beauty of ancient landmarks and venetian style architecture. Moreover, getting to the island of Naxos can be quite easy as it is well connected with Athens and other Greek islands both by ferry or plane.
We highly recommend visiting other islands of Cyclades Archipelago when planning your conferernce trip. Breathtaking landscape of Santorini could be reached within 1h 15 min ferry, Mykonos with its Little Venice is just 40 minutes away and white rocks of Milos could be reached within 2h 25 min.
DAMARIONAS VILLAGE – The area around the village of Damarionas is dotted with many old and picturesque chapels, as the notable Kaloritsa – built in a cave on the western side of Mt. Ai Lias. A big feast is held on August 6, when the Church of Christ celebrates the Transfiguration of the Savior. Damarionas is located 20 minutes away (15 km) from Naxos City.
- Flight from Athens to Naxos – There are frequent flights from Athens International Airport to the island of Naxos all year long.
- Ferry from Mykonos to Naxos -You can get to Naxos by ferry from neighboring Mykonos all year long. The two islands are well connected with multiple crossings that can reach 5 per day.
- Ferry from Athens to Naxos
- Piraeus – Naxos: You can travel from Piraeus to Naxos by ferry all year round. Especially in the summer, you can find at least 3-4 crossings.
- Rafina – Naxos: The port of Rafina is closer to Naxos and up to 3 daily ferry crossings serve their connection.
- Lavrio – Naxos: There is 1 weekly ferry crossing from the port of Lavrio to Naxos, usually on Saturdays.
- Ferry from Crete to Naxos
- Ferry from Santorini to Naxos